Its a space where the officers of 41 Armd Regt can meet and share the news about the Regt and about themselves.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sad News

Col JS Chauhan and Col Sarad Awasthi lost their mothers on 26th and 28th Aug . We offer our heartfelt condolences to both the offrs and their families. While I had not met the mother of Col Awathi’s we had known chauhan’s mother since long. I had seen her taking evening walks in TCP colony in Pathankot. She was a very religious woman. She used to live with chow, wherever he went on posting. I recently met her in lucknow in Apr this year. She had become very frail and lost her memory as well as vocal cords. She could not recognize anyone.
Here I would like to add a word about Mrs Rekha Chauhan. In spite of failing health of her mother- in -law, who required constant looking after, Mrs chauhan never looked perturbed and sincerely looked after her. Hats Off to her , it only shows her good family background and the upbringing.
Once again Leela and I offer our condolences to both the families.

1 comment:

Maj Ajai Singh Berwal said...

"If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again". Me and my parents offer their heartfelt condolences to both Col JS Chauhan and Col Sharad Awasthi. We pray to the almighty that the departed souls rest in peace.