Its a space where the officers of 41 Armd Regt can meet and share the news about the Regt and about themselves.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A mini get together of 41 at Lucknow

Few old 41 Offrs got together at lucknow on 13 and 14 Apr 09. The Occasion is the marriage of our little 'Shivi' the daughter of Col Sharad Awasthi at Surya offrs institute of Central Comd. The following attended the marriage and enjoyed the hospitality's of Col Awasthi duly supported by Chow.

1. Brig JP Singh
2. Col & Mrs TS Sandhu along with Jasman.
3. Col & Mrs JS Chauhan , Silky and Baby.
4. Lt Col & Mrs Ram Pal Parasher and Amu.(drove down from Jhansi)
5. Maj Earth Kukreti who is posted in 41 Inf Bde here at lucknow.
6. Of course myself along with Leela and the younger one Cherie.

I drove from Gwalior and I can tell you driving a Non AC maruti 800 in summers, reminded me of my days in unit when we used to drive tank in ex. I think next time I will not be so adventures.
Here in Lucknow I occupied Chow's master bed room and drove him out to drawing room.
Others had to contend with various guest rooms.Yesterday was the party for all guests and today (14 Apr) is the marriage. I tell you it was really fun meeting the friends again. Col & Mrs Awasthi and Chow really looked after all of us. Chow's famous hospitality is still in place so after the party we all in 'tun' condition had to suffer that hospitality of Chow. He opened red label for us and the day ended only at 2.00 in the night. Today there was lunch at Chow's house for all 41 offrs and we had another round of booze. now I will close and tell you more later as we all are getting ready for the marriage.

1 comment:

ruchika rawat said...

Wow that sounds really fun. I wish I was there as well! :)